Have you lived in a flat with 3 or more people on the contract in Olympic House, Simpson House or St John’s Court in 2019 or 2020? If so you can claim up to one year of rent back.
Tower Quay and John Christodoulou’s companies did not have the House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) property licenses they needed and the law allows tenants who have lived in unlicensed properties to claim rent back.
We will produce an RRO which you will be able to sign and submit to the property tribunal. We will also put you in touch with a barrister to handle the tribunal.
You will need these things:
- All the tenancy agreements you signed from 2019 and 2020
- A list of all the payments you made to the landlord with the dates and amounts – when you submit the order to the tribunal you will need to produce bank statements with these exact dates and amounts on that also have your name on
- A signed form from each person who is listed on the tenancy saying they lived there during those dates
If there are any complications or questions email us confidentially and we can figure out how you can do the application. If you want to get involved in the team processing them or in outreach come along to a meeting or email us.
The tribunal requires a high level of evidence, the judge must be absolutely convinced you lived together and paid rent but we have spoken to lawyers and experts and have created a good process for establishing everything we need to win in each case. We are asking for 20% of the winnings of which 15% will go to the barrister representing us and 5% to a fund to help everyone in and around the buildings – we will all get a vote on how this is used. You will not have to pay this until you receive the money.
To get started with your claim or check on the progress of your case enter your email address below:
- We’ll have a meeting on Tuesday 12th January to discuss the status of the RROs and the campaign, sign up here
- Marc and Jordan’s RRO – the first test case – has a hearing date of 18 May 2021, we’ve spoken to the court and are preparing an evidence bundle, we’ll update you as soon as we hear more