If you live in Olympic House, Simpson House or St John’s Court – or any other John Chistodoulou property please email us at email@example.com and we will add you to the email and WhatsApp group and send you information on how to get involved. We’re more than happy to hear from and help out anyone in and around the building.
We encourage everyone to join the London Renters Union who have been key in helping us through the pandemic.
Have you lived in a flat with 3 or more people on the contract in Olympic House, Simpson House or St John’s Court in 2019 or 2020? If so you can claim up to one year of rent back because the landlord did not have a property license. Find out more on our HMO page.
- The landlord for most (all?) of us is Tower Quay who are in charge of tenancies – you can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 519 0000
- Maintenance is done through Septor, you can use their online reporting tool or call Dimitra on 020 7183 3700 (seems to work better) during the day
- For out of hours emergencies call 07864691957
- For door lock codes join the WhatsApp group and ask – we need to discuss how these can be distributed in a better way
- The rubbish bins for Simpson House, Courtyard Lane and St John’s House are in the Courthouse Lane entrance (the one with a car entrance before you get to Beyond Retro if you’re coming from Dalston overground) and are emptied on Friday – there is no food recycling only black and green sack collection – you can see what Hackney recycles on their website – you can get Hackney to pick up large items but it’s worth posting them on the WhatsApp group to see if anyone wants them
- Our MP is Diane Abbott (Labour) – you can contact your representatives here – and you can register to vote on Hackney’s site.
- Water is included in rent for most of us but Electricity, Gas, Broadband and Council Tax are all paid separately
- For car parking you can contact Tower Quay to arrange a long term spot, get Hackney permits for one day or two hour vouchers or use the Just Park app to book in the car park on Belgrade Road
- Simpson House used to be a trouser factory – you can read some of the history on Hackney Buildings – there is more good local history in Stoke Newington on Local Local History
- Super Kebab’s halloumi wraps are a fiver and are the best – fact